In today’s episode of Hospitality Hangout, Michael Schatzberg “The Restaurant Guy” and Jimmy Frischling “The Finance Guy” are joined by Chris Dull, President and CEO of Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, and Chris Wren, Vice President Head of International Development of Dairy Queen.
Chris Dull shares how Freddy’s great franchise partners have powered growth to over 500 locations by mastering operations and development. He highlights innovations like kitchen display software that optimize speed and consistency.
Chris Wren provides an overview of Dairy Queen’s 2500+ international locations, including a major presence in China. He emphasizes the importance of knowing a company’s history before making changes. He also talks about the significance of recognizing restaurant workers during visits for the profound impact it has on morale.
Whether you bleed DQ Blizzards or Freddy’s custard, don’t miss this cross-industry extravaganza!
- Chris Dull’s journey from his time as a Baylor University linebacker in 1995 to his current role as President and CEO of Freddy’s, tracing his career path through Marble Slab Creamery, the International Franchise Association, Global Franchise Group, Bean & Brew, and now Freddy’s.
- Breaking news: Freddy’s just opened its 510th restaurant in Freddy’s Nation, and Chris discusses the remarkable growth and strategic insights behind this achievement.
- Insight into the crucial role of technology in the restaurant industry.
- Future plans for Freddy’s and Freddy’s Nation, including innovations in quality chicken, with a detailed discussion on the new chicken club sandwich.
- Expansion strategies for Dairy Queen into international markets, with a particular focus on the Gulf and the United Kingdom.
- Discussion on fostering business success and individual growth, with Chris emphasizing the importance of enjoying the industry or reassessing one’s approach.
- Chris Wren’s insights into his career in international franchising, emphasizing the collective effort of thousands of individuals over time and the lessons learned from various experiences.